Walks – Adeje, Guia de Isora and Santiago del Teide Areas
(04) La Quinta Circular (Adeje)-This delightful short walk ascends gently through open pine forest before dropping to the spectacular Boca del Paso viewpoint high above the main southern holiday resorts.
(07) Ifonche Cairns Circular (Adeje)-Walking amongst some beautiful scenery, this trail ascends from Ifonche through open pine forest and takes in a section of the Barranco del Rey before returning to the Ifonche starting point.
(09) Almond Blossom Trail (Santiago del Teide)-Route Summary This delightful circular walk is especially beautiful when the almond trees are in flower during January and February but provides marvellous all-round mountain views at any time of year. Duration: 2.5 to 3 hours.
(14) La Caleta to El Puertito Circular (Adeje)-Route Summary An energetic coastal walk with more ups and downs than you might think, from fashionable La Caleta to out-of-the-way El Puertito, taking in a couple of iconic golden-sand beaches. Duration: 3 hours
(16) La Caleta-Enramada-Camino de la Virgen (Adeje)-Route Summary An easy walk along part of an historic path connecting La Caleta to Adeje. We also take in La Enramada beach, part of the Costa Adeje promenade and pretty, up-market La Caleta. Duration: 2 to 3 hours.
(22) Alcalá – Punta Blanca Return (Guia de Isora)-A pleasant stroll along the sea-front from pretty Alcalá to the headland at Punta Blanca, part-way to the neighbouring resorts centred around Puerto Santiago. Great coastal views and of the Los Gigantes cliffs. Also a marvellous perspective opens up to the hill towns of Guia de Isora and Santiago del Teide. There a number of interesting information boards along the way.
(23) Lomo El Cuchillo-Enramada-Virgen Camino Circular (Adeje)-This varied circular walk takes in part of an historic road from Adeje to La Caleta, with two shrines and a threshing circle (era) along the way. We depart from the old camino to explore a fascinating and wild volcanic landscape. At the mid-point we reach the popular and recently upgraded La Enramada beach , making a visit to the rocky viewpoint before checking out the old and new churches of San Sebastian on the return leg.
(25) Guia de Isora – Chirche Circular (Guia de Isora)-An opportunity to check out the interesting and historic market town of Guia de Isora before ascending through a fascinating volcanic landscape, with stone-walled terraces, to the charming and picturesque village of Chirche. Great views all around, down to the western coast of Tenerife, and across to La Gomera and La Palma.
(29) Tijoco Bajo-Vera de Erques Circular (Adeje/ Guia de Isora)-This is a demanding hike with an unrelenting and considerable ascent on a very rough and stony path. To compensate, there are some amazing views of the spectacular Barranco de Erques, Montaña Tejina, La Gomera, and the western slopes of West Tenerife as a whole. The quaint mountain village of Vera de Erques is also a joy.
(35) Boca Tauche-Chavao-El Cedro Return (National Park)-This easy walk in the Teide National Park runs close to a huge lava field. There are opportunities to enjoy stunning views of surrounding mountains and the hillside immediately above you. In May and June expect to see some marvellous examples of the Tajinaste Rojo in flower.
(41) Playa San Juan Clifftop Trail Return (Guia de Isora)-You are sure to enjoy this short walk above the cliffs at Playa San Juan. There are fine coastal views and of the mountains. You can visit a ruined building in a rocky cove and, near the end, the large “Alcaraván" sculpture on the headland overlooking the bay at Playa San Juan.